Fire equipment and fire safety system maintenance
BSD Fire Solutions maintenance program involves the regular testing and servicing of equipment such as fire extinguishers and fire systems to ensure they’re functioning correctly, reach their life expectancy and comply with the relevant Australian Standards.
As part of this maintenance program, our experienced technicians:
- Test all equipment and systems in accordance with Australian Standards;
- Repair and replace equipment and components where required; and
- Record all work carried out and issue a certificate of inspection.
- As part of our service offering, we also provide 24-hour service support for our clients in the case of an emergency breakdown or malfunction
Portable fire extinguishers must be installed in all workplaces regardless of whether other fire protection measures are present. As an early response to a developing fire, the successful performance of a fire extinguisher depends on appropriate placement, proper maintenance and trained users.
There are different types of extinguishers, each designed to extinguish a specific class of fire. They are selected according to the potential fire hazard, the construction and occupancy of the building, and the asset to be protected. It is important to have the right type of extinguisher to fight the fire risk for different areas of your premise to avoid potentially damaging the asset or equipment you are trying to protect and to minimise the chances of exacerbating the fire itself.
The different classes of extinguishers are:
- Class A – Ordinary Combustible Solids
Wood, paper, cloth, plastics, rubber, coal, carbon based compounds etc.
- Class B – Flammable & Combustible Liquids
Petrol, oil, paint, thinners, kerosene, alcohol, etc.
- Class C – Flammable Gases
L.P.G., Butane, Acetylene, Hydrogen, natural gas and Methane etc.
- Class D – Combustible Metals
Magnesium, aluminum, sodium or potassium etc.
- Class E – Electrically Energised Equipment
Computers, switchboards, power-boards, etc.
- Class F – Cooking Oils and Fats
Cooking oils and fats usually found in industrial kitchens etc.
BSD Fire Solutions sells, tests and services fire extinguishers for all classes of fire. In addition to maintaining an extensive inventory of new extinguishers, our highly trained technicians inspect, certify, and repair them.
Extinguisher maintenance program involves the regular testing and servicing of your fire extinguishers to ensure they’re functioning correctly, reach their life expectancy and comply with the relevant Australian Standards.